The world of online cricket betting is fascinating, with an unbelievable array of wagers and options for just about any age group and interest. So much so that many people have also adopted cricket betting as a career choice. However, this activity also leads you to spend long hours on the internet and exposes you to the risk of hacking, phishing, and cybercrime. It’s easy to dive in and lose track of time when you’re doing the one thing you love.
Whether you enjoy exploring new sports on mobile apps or playing virtual games online, one of the first things you should learn is how to stay secure. You should also be aware of possible pitfalls and how to secure your identity. Read ahead for some practical tips on how to do that.
Why Securing Your Identity is Critical?
Each time you download a new site, you’ll come across a page that informs you of the terms and conditions. Most people simply don’t take the time to read through the fine print and click on the “Accept” button and proceed with the download. If you were to study the terms, you’d be shocked to learn that the company possibly harvests your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) to improve your cricket betting experience.
The page may also include a clause where it clearly states that the company will monitor your activity in voice interactions and chat rooms. The explanation they provide is very logical–they want to ensure protection for their members against fraud, cheating, violence-inciting texts, and discrimination. While this factor is completely reasonable, the problem arises when this data is leaked. Or, worse, sold at premium rates deliberately.
Once your data is sold, you could become the target of phishing scams and several other kinds of cybercrime. Scammers may also create fake social media accounts using your identity to scam the people on your contacts list. The first crucial step in countering this threat is by keeping your identity secure when cricket betting online.
Practice Due Diligence When Signing Up
Research independent and reputable review sites that publish opinions given by authentic users. You could pick up valuable insights into how the website performs and any potential red flags you should look out for. Have users talked about becoming victims of phishing scams? Have they had trouble withdrawing their winnings? Were there any issues with the SSL certification?
Consider Signing Up With No-Verification Cricket Betting Sites
If you’re concerned about identity and data breaches, you also have the option to sign up with a site that does not require identity verification. Punters are permitted to wager and place bets using their credit card or Bitcoin without revealing Personally Identifiable Information (PII). E-wallet transactions are also accepted. There are several benefits to using this strategy, like gaining massive welcome bonuses and no restrictions on the deposit and withdrawal amounts.
You’ll download betting apps that are compatible with a range of devices, including your iPhone, Mac, iPad, Android phone, laptop, and desktop. Perhaps, the best advantage is speedy transactions which progress much faster than conventional apps. You’ll note the deposit appears almost instantly in your account, and withdrawal processing is also much smoother and quicker. Your winning funds will be available to you in less than 24 hours.
On the downside, you’ll have to ascertain that your country’s regulations permit users to engage in non-KYC betting activities. Many countries and territories may require you to submit a KYC at the time of registration.
What Else Can You Do?
Try some of these expert-recommended strategies to protect your identity:
- Never use your real name when cricket betting. Always create an avatar or get a pseudonym entirely different from your real name.
- Building friendships with other users is fun when you can interact with them and exchange banter. However, remember never to reveal your real name, email, or any other data.
- Get a VPN to play so you can conceal your location. Alternatively, you can change your DNS. Although some wagering sites don’t permit using VPNs, you can search around for a few options that are permitted.
- Create a unique password for every cricket betting site. If you have trouble remembering them, use a password-generating tool. Using the same password everywhere exposes your accounts on different sites raising your risks.
- If the website offers multi-factor authentication, make use of it. Although it may seem cumbersome, it is an effective tool to deter hackers even if they get hold of your password.
- Remain alert and refrain from downloading unfamiliar apps or clicking unknown links as they pop up while you’re playing.
Identity theft is a real threat when cricket betting online. Take all the necessary steps you can to stay secure. And, continue enjoying your favorite entertainment option.