Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, conducts Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KYPY) every year on a national level. This exam is for students who want to build their careers in the field of basic sciences. After getting a good rank in this exam, students can bag a seat in prestigious colleges like IISc and other IISERs. The date on which the KVPY exam will take place this year is 22nd May 2022.
IISc will declare the results soon. Most of the students are unaware of the score calculation process. We have specially curated this article for all such students to help them know everything about the KVPY results. Continue reading below to get all the information.
Image Source: Shutterstock
Let us start by understanding the process of calculating KVPY results.
Process of Calculating KVPY Results
The KVPY exam is for 3 streams – SA, SX, and SB
- SA is for students who are in class 11.
- SX is for students who are in class 12.
- SB is for first-year students pursuing an undergraduate degree in the Basic Science (B.Sc.) program.
1. Calculation of Results for SA Stream
- The syllabus for the SA stream exam includes Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics and takes place in 2 parts. Part 1 includes 60 questions, and part 2 includes 2o questions. It is necessary for the students to attempt all questions.
- The exam duration is of 3 hours.
- In part 1, the examiners will award 1 mark for every right answer, while for every wrong answer, there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks.
- In part 2, the examiners will award 2 marks for every right answer, while for every wrong answer, there will be a deduction of 0.50 marks.
2. Calculation of Results for SB and SX Stream
- The syllabus for SB and SX streams includes Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics and takes place in 2 parts.
- The exam duration is of 3 hours.
- In part 1, you can attempt any 3 sections out of 4 sections of your choice. The examiners will award 1 mark for every right answer, while there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- In part 2, you can attempt any 2 sections out of 4 sections of your choice. The examiners will award 2 marks for every right answer, while there will be a deduction of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer.
Let us now look at how to download your KVPY results online
How to Download Your KVPY Results Online?
1. Visit the Official Website
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) will release the KYPV results on its official website.
2. Click on the Link
Click on the link that will be available on the official website homepage.
3. KVPY Cut-off 2022
Click on the link – ‘KVPY Cut-off 2022.’
4. Select Your Category
Select your category to get access to the cut-off list. After that, search for your name and your application number.
5. Names of Shortlisted Candidates
The cut-off and the merit list will display the names of the candidates who have cleared the exam.
6. Download Your KVPY Result
You can download and take a printout of your KVPY results for further use.
Your Way Forward
Clearing the exam and getting the best KVPY results is crucial for getting into top colleges. After attempting the KVPY exam, it is important to seek guidance from experienced teachers who have in-depth knowledge about the KVPY examination. For this, you can opt for leading coaching institutes like Sri Chaitanya. They come with a strong portfolio of experienced and knowledgeable teachers who help you excel in your career with confidence and sheer dedication.
Visit their official website or contact them for more information.