Can electronic cigarette be harmful ? Facts & Construction. It is a type of device with the shape of cigarette or pen. It is a type cigarette that contains nicotine rather than tobacco in it. However, it also contains some more harmful chemicals along with nicotine and which can be harmful to the human body.
The process of using e-cigarette is known as vaping. Moreover, when e-cigarette is used, the nicotine solution turns into vapour and it is inhaled in lungs by the user. It is a type of smokeless cigarette.
Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) popularly called electronic cigarettes. These are available in many shapes and sizes, including the prominent brand. Which resembles a flash drive? And contains roughly the same amount of nicotine as in an entire pack of cigarettes.(Can electronic cigarette be harmful ? Facts & Construction.
In four years of JUUL VS NJOY Electronic cigarette, it has captured more than 70 per cent of the e-cigarette market. ENDS include a battery, an atomizer and a cartridge.Which contains liquid nicotine, propylene glycol and flavors to attract kids and youth.
And these products, though unapproved under Indian law, are available mostly through e-commerce sites. Because of the lack of awareness and poor implementation of law.
Pros & Cons of E-Cigarette
- Less harmful than the normal cigarette.
- elimination of Addiction of tobacco using e-cigerrate.
- Breathing is easy & food appears to be tasteful due to its various flavors.
- Can use anywhere such as aeroplane, restaurant and other official places.
- no smell.
- Moreover, Using e-cigarette can cause health diseases.
- These may include monoxide, heavy metals. These can cause cancer to lungs, stomach, and bladder, esophageal.
- Above all, using nicotine continuously can make other drug. Such as cocaine, which is more harmful toxic?
Note: Due to its harmful effect on 18,sept gov. Has banned e-cigarette.
Why Ban On E-Cigarette By Gov.?
E-cigarette, due to smokeless, youth preferred it as they can use it freely. Seeing its addiction & harmful effect among youth, government has banned it. Nirmala Sitharaman, finance minister has announced to ban all the related work to e-cigarette. Such as import-export, transport, sale, distribution, storage & advertisement.
Smokers choose to smoke for the nicotine. “They are not interested in the burning and the smoke,” said Venkatesh. “Think of it as similar to women using open-hearth ovens to cook. There used to be a lot of smoke because of the burning of coal. They inhaled it and landed up with respiratory diseases. Through technology, we eventually banning e-cigarettes are:
- Camping becoming popular among the youth which may destroy their future.
- Health risk & harmful diseases.
What Precautions Government Took?
- Ban e-cigarette sales to minors.
- Require health warning labels on e-cigarettes.This would warn of the possibility of addiction.
- Similarly, Prohibit vending machine sales of e-cigarettes.
- Require e-cigarette manufacturers to register a list of their products’ ingredients.
- Need an FDA review of marketing plans.
- Require FDA approval of any claims about e-cigarettes’ benefits. Such as the claim that e-cigarettes can help people quit cigarettes.
Construction & Working of E-Cigarette
E-cigarette is a battery-powered device that converts liquid nicotine into a mistor vapour. Which the user inhales. There’s no fire, no ash and no smoky smell. E-cigarettes do not contain all of the harmful chemicals.That are associated with smoking tobacco cigarettes, such as carbon monoxide and tar.
As this e-cigarette doesn’t need tobacco but nicotine.And also other types of chemical liquid. E-cigarette has mouthpiece or a cartridge (liquid storage area), lithium battery, electronic circuit & a heating element (atomizer).
Lithium battery is connected with a vaporizing chamber. A hollow tube that contains electronic charges and with an atomizer which is use to vaporize the liquid. When user needs to use this e-cigarette he/she attaches the tube which contains nicotine solution to vaporizing chamber.
When the user sucks it, the heating element activates. Above all, causes to vaporise the flavoured liquid or nicotine liquid solution from the mouthpiece. However, when the solution becomes vapour then the user inhales it.
How E-Cigarettes Are Better Than Cigarette?
Vaping Is Less Harmful than traditional Smoking. Regular tobacco cigarettes contain 7,000 chemicals, many of which are toxic. While we don’t know exactly what chemicals are in e-cigarettes but those chemicals are less harmful than normal cigarette.
While a 2018 National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine report found substantial evidence that exposure to toxic substances from e-cigarettes is significantly lower compared to combustible cigarettes, recent studies are showing that is not the end of the story on health impact. It now appears that e-cigarettes may present their own unique health risks, including to the respiratory and cardiovascular systems. Given the products’ relatively recent introduction to the marketplace, further research is needed to evaluate the short and long term health impacts of e-cigarettes. (Source)
There are other alternative Smokeless tobacco products contain less nicotine that people are using to quit gradually, they have many names and they fall into several categories, Chewing tobacco can also be good alternative.
Chewing tobacco is tobacco in the following forms:
- Loose leaves
- Leaves pressed together, commonly called a plug
- Leaves twisted together to resemble a rope, commonly called a twist
Chewing tobacco sits between the cheek and gum. Usually, the person spits out the tobacco juices. But long-time users may swallow some of the juices.