It’s a bit complicated question to judge who are the Top 10 Best Bollywood actors in the Indian film industry. There are various famous actors. So, it is very confusing to predict who is better based upon the single movie. But for analyzing it, we have executed a survey on different social media programs & made the list of Top 10 Best Bollywood actors.
However, this list is not based upon their wealth or popularity around the world, although it is based upon their acting performance that is perceived by the critics.
Top 10 Best actor in India based on performance
Might be some of them haven’t received any movie awards and recognition before, but I believe that we should not consider those unnecessary factors. Also, we already recognize that award functions are mostly fixed & it is not offered to the deserving actors because of nepotism.
1) IRRFAN KHAN
- He was considered one of the finest actors in contemporary cinema. Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan, aka Irrfan Khan, is primarily known for his work in Bollywood. In a career of more than three decades, he has appeared in almost a hundred films in all the major film industries of the country, besides looking in many Hollywood and other international productions.
- However, Irrfan is one of the most famous faces of Indian cinema, especially for the global audience. For his immense contribution in the field of art, the Government of India awarded the Padma Shri award to the prestigious actor in 2011. Apart from this, he also received national awards, four Filmfare awards, and several prestigious international accolades.
- Also, he is the golden allure of the Indian film industry, but unfortunately, he died on 29 April 2020.
- However, Irrfan started his acting career with Salaam Bombay in 1988. Also, his movies break all the records around the globe are Pan Singh Tomar, Life of Pi, Jurassic World, The Amazing Spider-Man, Slumdog Millionaire, The Lunchbox & many others.
2) NAWAZUDDIN SIDDQUI
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui is a very prominent actor in the film world. Through this post, we will try to tell you their Hindi biography, and you will also get to learn a lot from their life.
- In today’s time, hardly anyone knows about Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Also, he is a very big Bollywood artist who made his mark in the Bollywood world based on his acting. Let’s know about his life.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui was born on 19 May 1974 in Budhana town, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh. His father is a farmer and takes up farming.
- Nawazuddin was born in a Muslim family, and whenever he gets time, he works in his fields. Also, he is the eldest of 9 brothers and sisters. He has studied till 12th and Graduation.
- While making his career, he did not take any financial help from his home. Also, he saw terrible days, and from these things, he became strong. He always wanted to leave his village and study outside. He completed his B.s.c from Gurukul Kangri University from Haridwar itself.
- However, he took admission in the drama, and he completed his graduation in 1996.
- His Bollywood career started with films like Shul and Sarfarosh, and he did not have much role in films. His acting in such prominent films was excellent, but he did not play a significant role.
- His real identity was from films like Peepli Live, the lunch box, Gangs of Wasseypur, Kahani, Kick. He has won iron for his character in many big films.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui has some famous films like Manjhi, the Mountain Man, Kick, Thackeray, Raees, and Manto.
- He recieved National Award for the supporting actor’s award for the film Lunch Box as well as the search, story, Gas of Wasseypur, The Great Indian Circus.
- IIFA Awards, screen awards, zee cine awards, Asia Pacific Screen Awards have also been awarded.
3) RANVEER SINGH
- Ranveer Singh is an Indian actor. He was born in Mumbai. While pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree from Indiana University, Bloomington, Singh moved towards acting again. After coming back to India, he began auditioning for the main characters in the Hindi film industry.
- In 2010, Singh auditioned for Yash Raj Films’ new film Band Baaja Baaraat and was successful in getting the role. The romance comedy was based on the planners of weddings, and Ranveer was to play the character of Bittu, a traditional Delhi boy. The film’s director Manish Sharma sent him on a lunch break at the campus of Delhi University, which inspired him for his role. After release, the band Baja Baaraat proved to be a hit and critical review. Also, Ranveer achieved the Filmfare Award for Best New Male Actor for his role.
- He was born on 6 July 1985 in a Sindhi family. His father’s name is Jagjit Singh Bhavnani, and his mother’s name is Anju. He also has an elder sister, Ritika Bhavnani.
- Singh has so far received 2 Filmfare Awards, including the Best Male Debut Award for the band Baja Baaraat (2010) and the Best Actor Award for the film Bajirao Mastani (2016) with Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone. Along with this, he was also nominated in the list of Best Actors for the 2013 film Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela.
4) RANDEEP HOODA
- Randeep Hooda was born on 20 August 1976. He is an Indian actor. He is famous for his work in the Hindi film industry, he received acclaim as two Stardust Awards and nominations for Filmfare and International Indian Film Academy Awards.
- He later earned a master’s degree in human resource management in Melbourne, Australia, and on her return to India, started modeling and acting in theater productions.
- She made her Hindi film debut with Mira Nair’s Monsoon Wedding (2001). However, little recognition came his way, and he appeared in a portion of dangerous and commercially unsuccessful projects, including D (2005) and Karma and Holi (2009).
- His career marked a turning point when Hooda starred commercially in Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010), and later became known for his performances in Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster (2011), which earned him the Best Supporting Role. Awarded IIFA for His starring roles in the actor’s nomination thriller Jannat 2 (2012) and Jism 2 (2012) brought him box-office success.
- In addition to his film career, Hooda has acted in several stage plays and made his debut as a playwright with an adaptation of Lee Blessing’s A Walk in the Woods. He is also a professional equestrian who regularly participates in polo, showjumping and dressage events. He won a silver medal in an open dressage event in New Delhi, organized by the Equestrian Federation of India.
5) SUSHANT SINGH RAJPUT
- Sushant Singh Rajput is an actor in Hindi movies as well as a TV actor. Rajput, who acted in the TV serial ‘Pious Relationship’, attained a lot of popularity due to this serial.
- Sushant Singh Rajput is born in Patna, Bihar. His father is a government official. His family lived in Delhi in the early 2000s. Sushant has 4 sisters.
- Rajput did his schooling at St. Cairns High School, Patna and higher studies at Kulachi Hansraj Model School in Delhi. After that, he did mechanical engineering from Delhi College of Engineering.
- Sushant’s started his career life as a backup dancer and he has also performed various times at the Filmfare Awards. At the same time, he was first known by the casting team of Balaji Telefilms after which his career turned on with a serial called ‘Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil’ in which he acted the role of Preet Juneja but GTV. The show ‘Pavitra Rishta’ verified to be a landmark for his career. After this he also seemed in dance reality shows’ Jara Nach Ke Dikha 2 and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 and after that Sushant took a position in movies and started his movie journey with the film ‘Kay Po Che’.
- Let me tell you Sushant’s last film is Dil Bechara, in which Sanjana Sanghi has acted with him. The film will be broadcasted on 24 July 2020 on the digital platform.
- Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput died by hanging himself in his Bandra house on 14 June 2020, Mumbai. His maid saw his body hanging from the fan and informed the police. Sushant made her Bollywood film debut in 2013 after earning a household name in the television world with ‘Pritha Rishta.’ Sushant has always got the love of fans. In such a situation, this accident is shocking.
- Sushant was a wonderful actor, soon we would get to see some of his more wonderful films, but the above one had something else approved. On 14 June 2020, the 34-year-old young actor left us and said goodbye to this world.
6) RAJKUMAR RAO
- Rajkummar Rao is a well-known and best actor of Bollywood, who has been known for his performance. He has proved in every film that he is an excellent artist. Rajkumar not only plays the characters in the movies but also wins them, which is probably why people remember every role he plays. The 33-year-old prince was born on 31 August 1984 in Gurugram, Haryana, but his place of residence in Mumbai. He did his schooling from Blue Bells Modern School in Gurugram and completed his Anka College from Delhi University. The only language of the prince is Haryanvi.
- Looking at Rajkumar’s film journey, he made his debut as an actor in the films Love Sex and Cheat in the year 2010, after which he never looked back. However, his journey has been very struggling. Still, despite all these difficulties, he never gave up and kept moving forward on the strength of his ability, the result of which is that he is counted among the classic artists of Bollywood today.
- When he was in fifth grade, he trained in martial arts and also won a gold medal at the national level in Taekwondo, after which he decided to become an actor after doing theater plays in his tenth grade. In 2013, he won the National Film Award for Best Actor for the film Shahid, which is based on a real-life story, while in September 2017, his movie Newton was given an acting entry to join the Oscar film Samaroha from India.
7) MANOJ BAJPAYEE
- Manoj Bajpayee is one of those actors in Indian film who traveled from floor to hail. Manoj Bajpayee is one of the Bollywood stars who make a different identity in any role. Every movie of Manoj, which can make people go to heart and mind with his role in films, is unique and different in itself. Gang of Wasseypur, Aligarh, Satya, Politics, or any other movie. With all these films, Manoj created such an identity that is still in people’s minds. But do you know that once he was rejected three times in Delhi’s National School of Drama, he tried to commit suicide?
- Manoj Bajpayee was born on 23 April 1969 in Belwa, Narkatiaganj, West Champaran, Bihar. Manoj Bajpayee comes second among his six siblings. His father was a farmer while his mother used to look after the house. He wanted to become a film actor since childhood, but his family’s condition was such that his studies could be completed with hardly any difficulty.
- Manoj Bajpai completed his schooling from Raja High School in Bettiah district. He completed his 12th class from Maharani Janaki College, Bettiah. He went to Ramjas College, Delhi University, to pursue his graduation. He was rejected from the National School of Drama four times, after which he did the theater with Barry John from Barry Drama School.
- Manoj Bajpayee’s career began with the serial Swabhimaan. This serial also brought Ashutosh Rana and Rohit Roy to recognition. His first debut film ‘Drohkal’ broadcasted in the year 1994, in which he played for just one minute. He then played a minor role in Bandit Queen (1994).
- After this, Manoj Bajpayee did a few small roles. But he could not get his position and made up his mind to leave Mumbai. But in 1998, after reducing Ram Gopal Varma’s film Satya, Manoj never looked back. He received several awards for his role as Bhikhu Mhatre played in this film, which includes the National Award for Best Co-Actor and the Best Actor Award (Reviewer) of Filmfare.
- In 1999, he received the Filmfare Best Actor Award for Samar Pratap Singh, played by Manoj Bajpayee in the film School. She once again won the National Award for the film Pinjar, based on Amrita Pritam’s famous novel ‘Pinjar.’
8) NASEERUDDIN SHAH
- Naseeruddin Shah is an Indian actor and director. He mainly works in Hindi cinema.
- He is the recipient of several awards, including the National Film Award and Filmfare Award. For his contribution to cinema, the Government of India has awarded him Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan.
- Naseeruddin Shah was born on 20 July 1949 in a Muslim family in Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- He received his primary education at St. Anselm’s Ajmer, Ajmer, Rajasthan, and St. Joseph’s College, Nainital.
- He started acting in theaters when he was only 14 years old. Shakespeare’s ‘Merchant of Venice’ was his first theater show.
- For higher education, he enrolled in Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, and obtained a bachelor’s degree in arts.
- He made his acting debut in the film Nishant (1975). After that, he acted in several films; Outrage, chili masala, Adarsh, Trikala, Albert Pinto ki kusa atta hai, Bhavani Bhavai, Mohan Joshi Hazir Ho !, Junoon, Mandi, Ardh Satya, Katha, etc.!
- In 1977, he teamed up with Tom Alter and Benjamin Gilani to form a theater group called ‘Motley Production.’
- His first play was Samuel Beckett’s Waiting for Godot, which later directed at the Prithvi Theater in 1979.
- However, he joined mainstream Bollywood cinema with the film An Hum Panch.
- In 1983, his essential film, Innocent, was released, which was shot at St. Joseph’s College, Nainital, from where he received his education.
- During the 1980s, he also acted in several films; Ghulami (1985), Karma (1986), Ijjat (1987), Jalwa (1988), and Hero Hiralal (1989), etc.
- In 1988, he acted in a TV series based on the life of Mirza Ghalib, directed by Gulzar. In 1994, he made his 100th film,’ Mohra. ‘
- In 1999, he acclaimed for his role in the film, pra sarfarosh. In 2000, he played the role of Mahatma Gandhi in Kamal Haasan’s critically acclaimed film, Ram Hey Ram.
- In 2003, he starred in a Hollywood film, द The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ‘, alongside famous Hollywood actor, Sean Connery.
- In 2008, Neeraj Pandey’s ‘A Wednesday’ released, in which he played the role of a common man.
- The film was critically acclaimed and was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor. In 2011, he starred in ‘The Dirty Picture.’
- He played a cameo role in a Pakistani film, Li Khuda Ke Liye. His second Pakistani movie was, ‘Zinda Bhaag, ‘.
9) PANKAJ TRIPATHI
- Pankaj Tripathi was born on 5 September 1976 in Belsand, Gopalganj district, Bihar. His father’s name is Pandit Banaras Tripathi, and his mother’s name is Hemwanti Devi. Pankaj is the youngest of his five siblings. Pankaj has three brothers and two sisters. His father works as a farmer and a priest in the village. Pankaj Tripathi also used to work in the fields with his father-in-law. He did his schooling at DPCH School, Gopalganj, Bihar. Pankaj was also active in college politics as a member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad. After college, he also worked in a five-star hotel in Patna. After living in Patna for almost seven years, working in the hotel line, he realized that he had a destination and eventually moved to Delhi to enroll in the National School of Drama from which he graduated in 2004.
- Pankaj used to act from the beginning, and he used to play the role of a girl in the drama during the festive season in his village, the villagers always appreciated him and inspired him to do something in the acting world.
- Pankaj decided to enter the art field after studying hotel management and a hotel job. He graduated from the National School of Drama to learn his talent and learned the nuances of acting. The city moved to Mumbai. In 2004, he got a small role in the film Run. Legendary directors who understood his performance from this role noted, and then he appeared in films doing small roles. The star of his fortune shone through in 2012 when he was playing an important role in Gangs of Wasseypur. In his interview, he told that his audition for the film Gangs of Wasseypur went on for about eight hours. Pankaj Tripathi has also worked in Tamil cinema. His first film in Tamil cinema is Kaala, and the film broadcasted in June 2018.
10) RONIT ROY
- Ronit Roy is an Indian actor. He is famous for his works in Indian television and Indian films. Ronit Roy’s most popular characters are Mr. Bajaj and Mihir. He is one of the most famous actors of his time.
- Ronit Roy made his acting debut since 1992. Ronit Roy has acted so well in each of his characters that people have liked him very much for each of his characters. In 1992, Ronit made his first step into the world of films. He has won accolades from the public due to his performance in many films.
- Ronit Roy has also been a very good host. She has won many awards for her performance. He has achieved various awards, involving Filmfare Award, two Screen Awards, five ITA Awards, and six Indian Tally Awards.