Skin problems in Faridabad are on the rise. The two of the common skin problems seen in people of Faridabad are acne and vitiligo. Acne, also called pimples, are especially common among teenagers. If you ask any teenager in Faridabad one of their most irritating problems, acne would undoubtedly be on the list! Vitiligo is another skin problem common in Faridabad. Vitiligo is a skin condition that causes the skin to lose its color.
But as every problem comes with a solution, the issue of acne and vitiligo also comes with a solution! And the first step to a solution is awareness!
So, in this article, the best skin specialist in Faridabad, Dr. Archit Aggarwal, spreads awareness about the problem of acne and vitiligo by explaining these two skin problems in detail, thus helping you take the first step towards the solution! Also, the doctor has discussed the treatment options to treat acne and vitiligo.
Dr. Archit Aggarwal is an experienced dermatologist at KDC Clinic in Faridabad. He is a passionate doctor who believes in precise diagnosis, effective treatment, and tailored care.
The doctor specializes in treating a range of skin problems such as acne and vitiligo effectively!
So, let’s discuss these two skin problems in detail.
- So, what exactly is acne?
- What are the common causes of acne? Why is acne common in teenagers?
- Is it okay to wear makeup when one has acne?
- What are the home remedies to treat acne?
- When should one visit a dermatologist for acne?
- What are the treatment options used by a dermatologist to treat acne?
- What is vitiligo?
- What are the causes and the risk factors of vitiligo?
- How is vitiligo treated?
- What are the common symptoms of vitiligo?
- Are all white spots vitiligo?
- Is there anything that vitiligo patients should avoid?
So, what exactly is acne?
Acne, also called pimples, is a common skin condition where the skin’s pores become blocked by an oily substance called sebum, bacteria, hair, and dead skin cells. The blockages lead to nodules, whiteheads, blackheads, etc. Dr. Archit Aggarwal says that acne is common in the face, shoulders, chest, upper back, and forehead.
What are the common causes of acne? Why is acne common in teenagers?
The common causes of acne are as follows-
- Diet (Consuming more fried and high-calorie foods, chocolates, etc.)
- High levels of stress
- Applying more hair oil
- Using very oily cosmetics etc.
Hormonal changes can also lead to acne. That is why the problem of acne is common among teenagers and during puberty.
Is it okay to wear makeup when one has acne?
Dr. Archit advises that it is okay to wear makeup occasionally when one has acne. Also, it is recommended to use less oily cosmetics as oily cosmetics can worsen your acne and damage your skin further. Using water-based cosmetics and using facewashes that contain salicylic acid is advisable.
What are the home remedies to treat acne?
Some of the home remedies that can be used to treat acne are as follows-
- Avoid using hair oil
- Avoid consuming oily, fried foods and foods that are high in calories
- Eat protein-rich foods and consume more vegetables and salads.
- Do yoga and engage in moderate exercise.
Medicines can also be very effective in treating acne. If your acne is severe, it is advisable to get it treated by an experienced dermatologist in Faridabad like Dr. Archit Aggarwal.
When should one visit a dermatologist for acne?
Based on the severity, acne is classified as mild, moderate, severe, and very severe acne. In case of mild acne, you can treat it yourself, or you can even take the help of a dermatologist to know about the do’s and don’t s of acne. If you have severe or very severe acne, it is advisable to get it treated by a proficient dermatologist in Faridabad.
What are the treatment options used by a dermatologist to treat acne?
Do you have acne?
Don’t worry! You can get it treated by visiting Dr. Archit, a renowned dermatologist.
The common treatment options used by the dermatologist to treat acne include the following-
- Topical medications
- Retinoids and retinoid-like drugs
- Salicylic and azelaic acid
- Therapies such as follows-
- Light therapy
- Chemical peel
- Steroid injection
As the saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure.” What are some of the ways to prevent the problem of acne?
One can prevent the problem of acne by keeping their face clean and washing it regularly. Dr. Archit advises especially people with oily skin to wash their face with facewashes that contain salicylic acid. This can be very useful in preventing the problem of acne and reducing the risk of acne.
Now let us discuss the problem of vitiligo.
What is vitiligo?
Vitiligo is a skin condition that causes the skin to lose its color. It leads to the formation of white patches and spots all over your body. The condition occurs when the body’s immune system destroys skin cells that produce melanin(melanocytes).
What are the causes and the risk factors of vitiligo?
The exact cause of vitiligo is still unknown. But genetic factors can increase the risk of vitiligo. If the vitiligo problem is running in your family, you are at a greater risk of getting vitiligo. But do not worry! You can treat vitiligo effectively by visiting Dr. Archit. It is advisable not to delay vitiligo treatment and instead get it treated as soon as possible.
How is vitiligo treated?
Do you have vitiligo?
Do not worry! You can get it treated by seeking help from an experienced skin specialist in Faridabad like Dr. Archit Aggarwal.
The common treatment options used by the skin specialist to treat vitiligo include medications and light-based therapies.
- Medicines- Different topical medicines are used to add color to your skin. Corticosteroid creams, ointments containing tacrolimus, oral medications such as psoralen can be used to treat vitiligo.
- Light-based therapies like phototherapy– Phototherapy (treatment with light) may be used if vitiligo is widespread or the topical treatments are ineffective. In phototherapy, skin is exposed to ultraviolet light from a special lamp. You may first be given a medicine called psoralen, which makes your skin more sensitive to light. This kind of treatment is also referred to as PUVA (psoralen and UVA light).
What are the common symptoms of vitiligo?
Vitiligo first appears as brown patches and then gradually changes to milky white patches. They can happen top to bottom anywhere in the body. There are a few patterns of vitiligo which are as follows-
- Vitiligo Vulgaris– Vitiligo in face and limbs
- Lip tip vitiligo- Vitiligo in mouthparts, fingertips, or toes
- Segmental vitiligo– Vitiligo where only small parts of the skin are affected
- Unilateral vitiligo– Vitiligo in which only one side of the body is affected.
Are all white spots vitiligo?
No, says Dr. Archit.There are different diagnoses for white patches. The white patches can be because of vitiligo, fungal infection, or you can even have white lines after healing of injury, etc. Some children can also have white patches on their faces due to dust and sun allergies etc.
Is there anything that vitiligo patients should avoid?
As vitiligo patients are more allergic to the sun, they should protect themselves from the harmful effects of the sun by wearing sunscreen when going out and wearing full sleeve clothes, etc., to protect their skin from direct sun exposure. Also, vitiligo patients should stay in constant touch with their dermatologist in Faridabad.
Hope now you have a better understanding of acne and vitiligo.
Awareness of the problem is the first step towards its solution.
So, congratulations! You have completed the first step and got closer to the solution!
Now is the time to take the final step towards the solution.
The final step is visiting the best dermatologist in Faridabad for the treatment of your skin problem.
So, what are you waiting for?
You are just a step away from your solution!